Thursday, August 5, 2010

Adventures in Pregnancy Brain

I have thoroughly enjoyed pretty much every minute of being pregnant but lately I have discovered one thing about pregnancy that I am not such a fan of...I am losing my mind. Seriously. I have done some of the dumbest things lately.
For example, a couple of weeks ago I was on the way to my friend Monique's house for lunch and I suddenly could not remember how in the world to get to her house. I have literally been to her house a hundred times, we have been friends for years but just in the middle of driving I could not even remember how to get there. I ended up having to look up her address using my gps...like an idiot. Then, the next week when my mom was here I was driving to East Chase and turned on a totally wrong road.
The latest genius thing I did was this morning. We got a freezer on Monday to keep in our attached storage because we need more room to store frozen foods since I am a psychotic deal shopper and stock up on things for months. Well, I hadn't transferred anything out there yet for various reasons so this morning after I took a shower I was in the kitchen doing laundry and I thought I would take some stuff out there. We had people in our yard cutting down a tree so I had turned the security alarm on while I took a shower and I had forgotten about it, since I was doing laundry and there were chainsaws going I didn't hear the alarm go off when I opened the back door. I was outside for probably about 5 minutes. When I came in the house and shut the door I heard the alarm going off and I knew instantly that they had already attempted to call and check on everything because it usually takes less than a minute of our alarm going off for them to call and it had been close to 5 at least. I went straight to my cell and sure enough I had a missed call and I called them right back, only to find out they had already dispatched the police. Great! I apologized profusely and the lady was very nice and understanding and said she would try to cancel the dispatch but it was very likely a police would still show up at my house. I walked around for the next 10 minutes dreading my doorbell ringing and wondering how I was going to explain to the police that everything really was ok. Luckily, I assume they were able to cancel the dispatch because the police never came.
I have never been so scatterbrained in my whole life. Who knows what else crazy I will do before or even after Campbell is born!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Monique said...

Glad you got to my house! Love you.