Saturday, July 31, 2010

Spake Day

I know, 3 posts in one week! That's a little crazy for me, but I really am trying to be better...plus I actually have something to blog about besides getting ready for Campbell :)

Yesterday I traveled to Birmingham to see some of my favorite people...the Spakes. Scotty was our campus minister at Troy from the middle of my freshman year thru the end of my junior year. I have had a special relationship with Scotty and Tammy since the day they came to Troy. Actually, we go back even farther than when they came to Troy, I was a camper in Tammy's cabin at Maywood when I was 14. When they were in Troy I pretty much lived at their house most of the time, between "laying out" with their precious girls, doing Tae Bo with Tammy and Lauren and all my other crazy life dramas with boys they were pretty much my Troy parents. They moved to Texas at the end of my junior year and I am still not quite sure how I survived my final year of college without them, but somehow it happened. Since they have moved we have probably seen them once or twice a year, Tammy and the girls have stayed with us a couple of times coming through town, we saw them when we went to Texas a couple of years ago for a conference, and then there was the CSC reunion last summer...which was the last time we had seen them. I was so excited when Tammy emailed me and said they would be in Alabama the last week of July because they were coming in a few days early for Camp Maywood which starts on Sunday. We decided we would meet in Birmingham for lunch on Friday. We were hoping Lauren and Benjamin would be able to join us in our reunion adventure but due to Rick being gone and Lauren's photography going so well she was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff she had to do, I went alone.
It was SO good to see them! We had such a good time hanging out and catching up over lunch at Crackerbarrel. I can't believe how big Hazel and Hannah are getting, it seems like they should still be the little kids they were in Troy and now Hazel is going to junior high...CRAZY! But I guess it is just as crazy to them that me and Jeremy are married now and we are about to have a baby.
It was such a blessing to be able to see them even if it was for just a couple of hours! They are such a special part of my life and I miss that they don't live very close so it is always good when we get to see each other. And since it doesn't happen very often, we had to take pictures...
Me, Tammy and the girls


me with Scotty and Tammy...check out how skinny Scotty is! 


And me with my favorite 2 kids! 

After lunch, I took advantage of my time in Birmingham and met up with my mom and we did a little shopping at Buy Buy Baby. I picked out the baby book I wanted at Storkland but the bound version was $32.99 and the looseleaf version was almost $50 so I was looking around online trying to find it cheaper and found the looseleaf version at Buy Buy Baby for $34.99 and I had a coupon so I wanted to go buy and get it. Of course, that wasn't the only thing we left the store with! I ended up buying her a book as well...I couldn't resist, it was one of my favorites..."there was an old lady who swallowed a fly". And you know my mom couldn't not buy anything :) she got her 2 pairs of frilly socks (which we had been looking for) and a Halloween sleeper with pumpkins on it. Bonus for her, we will actually be in town Halloween weekend for my friend Lauren Crosby's wedding. We had both said we weren't buying anything else until she was born and we broke that at Buy Buy Baby so we decided that we shouldn't go in any other stores because we might buy something. So, we went to SnoBiz instead! I haven't had a SnoBiz in so long and it was DELISH and only $1! In Montgomery it is a little over $2, I think, for a small....boo! I miss the SnoBiz in Pelham so that was a treat! After SnoBiz we went back to the house to hang out for a bit. I got to see how the remodeling is going and Campbell was in rare form and she showed out big time Grammy, moving all over the place. I think my mom really enjoyed it! We had fun trying to guess when she was going to come, we went through a list of dates in August and told Campbell to kick when she was going to come...so it looks like August 25 is what she is telling us...haha! We can only hope she will come early! 



Photobucket

No comments: