Thursday, July 29, 2010

a real update

Is it really the end of July already? I can't believe how fast this month has gone by! It has been full of adventures and it seems like our lives might be settling down for the next few weeks, until Campbell arrives anyways!
I have had 2 showers this month, one in Montgomery and one in Birmingham. The one in Montgomery was given by my amazing friends on July 10. The theme was pickles and ice cream! Everything was so cute and it was so much fun! It was great to see everyone that came, even though it seemed a little insane since there were so many people there. Almost all of the girls on that I had on yearbook came, it was so good to see all of them and it really meant a lot to me that they came! They have been wanting me to have a baby pretty much since the day me and Jeremy got married...haha! Here are some pictures from my Montgomery shower...
pickles...

ice cream toppings

yearbook reunion photo

hostesses

sisters

my mom and sister being cheesy :)

my best friend Lindsey being cheesier :) 

My Birmingham/family shower was July 17...that's right, back to back shower weekends! Lots of fun and exhaustion! It was great to see so much of my family though. I got to spend time with some of my family that I hadn't seen since my wedding. The whole Campbell side of my family came and it was so wonderful to reunite with them! Here are some pictures from that shower...

love them, they did an awesome job planning my shower

all of the Campbell side of the fam

cousins

aunts

I hope that when Campbell is old enough and we tell her why we named her Campbell that she will think it is just as special as we do. This part of my family is so special to me! 

Besides showers, we have spent all of our spare time preparing for Campbell's arrival. We had a return day the week after my last shower to return any duplicates, etc and to get any items we thought we might need during the first few months that we hadn't received. I feel like we are pretty prepared at this point, if she came tomorrow I think that would be ok. The nursery is completely ready, minus one last frame that Jeremy needs to hang...maybe we will get around to that on Saturday. The bathroom is almost ready too, I painted the letters to hang and we ordered the prints that are going on the wall and they should be here early next week. As soon as these rooms are COMPLETELY finished I will post pictures! 

We really don't have that much left to go before she arrives, only a month! It is crazy that this time next month we could have a baby already. We are trying to prepare ourselves for how much our lives will change when she gets here, we know it is going to be so different, good, but different. While I am anxious about Campbell's arrival I am also aware that Jeremy and I are in the final days of life as we know it. I am determined not to be impatient about her coming, but instead to enjoy each and every day Jeremy and I have together right now because it will never be like this again...at least not until we are old and gray and our kids have moved out. :)

Photobucket

No comments: