Friday, April 30, 2010

update in pictures

I feel like we have been super busy lately...maybe because we have been. I have had something going on everyday this week, and I thought I would get bored staying at home. HA! I wish! So, in short, here has what has been going on with us lately.
Last Thursday, I had a dentist appointment and when I came home this is what I found in my driveway

Needless to say, I wasn't happy about this, especially since our house is on the market and we were leaving the next day to go to Birmingham. And it was our neighbors tree but it fell on our property so we had to clean it up. Somehow that still doesn't seem fair to me.
Anyways, I am so grateful for my wonderful in-laws who spent their evening helping us clean up this mess. Thanks to them we got it all up in about an hour. It would have taken me and Jeremy 4 times longer because they wouldn't let me lift the firewood so Jeremy and Jr were cutting the tree with chainsaws and Becky was stacking firewood and helping me drag limbs to the road.
Here's what it looked like when we finished...good as new, right?


So, we were able to enjoy our weekend in Birmingham with my folks with no worries since this was taken care of. 
This week has been crazy! Monday was catch up day for us since we were out of town all weekend, plus I had a dr's appointment. 
Tuesday I had a chance to do something different. Our preacher is doing a series from the book of John called "This is Your Life". I have really enjoyed it, this past Sunday the lesson was from John 4, the Samaritan woman at the well. Buddy talked about how Jesus HAD TO go through Samaria. Buddy challenged all of us to "go to the well" this week and reach out to a part of our community (the west side, namely) and he gave several examples of ways we could do this, like supporting a restaurant on that side of town. So, Tuesday morning I met up with 2 friends and we rode the trolley downtown and prayed for our city and while we were riding we met a lady who didn't have the best life. We took her to lunch at a mom and pop place downtown and prayed with her. It was a neat experience. 
Wednesday was our traditional girls lunch day. We spent most of the afternoon planning our trip to the beach coming up Monday! It will be nice to get away, especially since Jeremy will be out of town anyways. 
And the week has continued to get crazier! So, here are my 2 latest belly pics! I will update you on the rest of my life later! :)



Campbell is definitely making herself known, now that I am really starting to show! She has been sitting on my bladder for the past 2 weeks!

Photobucket

No comments: