Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Girl's Weekend, House Hunting and Baby Spoiling

This weekend my best friend, Lindsey, and I took our one last hoorah trip to the beach before our lives change forever (I'm having a baby and she is hopefully soon to be married and moved). We headed down to our favorite beach, Destin, early Saturday morning. The weather was perfect! It was warm and breezing and such a relaxing day. The beach wasn't very crowded either. Saturday night we went out for seafood and shopping. I had been saving up to buy baby stuff at the outlets and much to my disappointment, I only got a few things. I only spent $12, I guess I should be excited about that but I was just expecting to really rack up. 
It was so good to spend a couple of days at the beach with Linds since we rarely hang out these days since we are both so busy.
Monday was mine and Jeremy's catch up day since I was gone all weekend. I felt like we went non-stop all day long. We met up with our realtor at 10:30 to go house hunting. Our house hasn't sold yet, but we wanted to see what all was out there as far as our options are concerned if and when ours sells. We found a couple that we liked in Bridlebrook, but we will see. We know God has a plan and we are trusting in His timing with this whole house thing. We have decided that if our house hasn't sold by June 1 we aren't moving. It would just be too much to be trying to get my house in order and do a nursery 10 weeks before the baby is due. I want everything to be perfect when we bring her home from the hospital and I would rather come home to a perfect smaller house than a crazy disorganized larger house. My sanity can't handle all that. So, we will see...
After our morning of looking at houses, we set out to spoil our baby girl. I have been dying to get something monogrammed and Jeremy has been wanting to get her a stuffed monkey. We ended up at You Name It, we got a pillow that matches her bedding and we even registered while we were there. I love that store and could easily empty our bank account in there if I wasn't so money conscious. After we left You Name It, we went over to the mall so Jeremy could make her a Build-a-Bear. Jeremy has never made one before so I kinda let this be his thing. He was so cute and it was fun to do something special for our baby girl :)
Here are some of the pictures from that...


 After you have made your animal, you have to create it's birth certificate. 


Us with the finished product :)

And, because I haven't posted these yet, here are my 19 and 20 week belly photos...


I am so over this point and shoot that I have been using for random photos. I decided this morning, after looking at the horrible white balance and quality of these pictures that I am done. I have 2 cameras for my business stuff now so I am going to use the Rebel as my new random, everyday use camera. I can't handle anymore crappy pictures! 

Photobucket

No comments: