Friday, April 2, 2010

Butterflies and hiccups

I keep saying I am going to be better at this and yet it has been 3 weeks since my last post. Bear with me, life has been crazy lately. I feel like I am going in a million different directions everyday and I can never remember what it is I was supposed to be doing in the first place, must be a bad case of pregnancy brain. ha!

Can I just say that thus far I have loved being pregnant? It is so amazing to me the way that God has chosen women to carry a child. I have recently starting feeling Baby Baggs move. The first flutters I felt were at exactly 17 weeks, it just felt like butterflies were fluttering inside of me. It was so neat. The coolest thing so far has been feeling him/her hiccup this week. Sunday night we were praying before we went to bed and Jeremy had his hand on my belly and I was praying and all of the sudden I felt this rhythmic twitch and I asked Jeremy if he could feel it, I was certain he should be able to because it was the strongest movement I have felt so far. He tried for over 5 minutes to feel our little baby hiccupping away in there but he just couldn't. He was a little sad, but I assured him that it wouldn't be too much longer before he would definitely be able to feel our baby move. This week I have been much more aware of movements going on and I can't wait until I can feel them more!

I had another doctor's apt this week and guess what...we didn't see the dr! Surprise, Surprise huh? It wasn't that big of a deal to me, we got to hear the heartbeat and that's all I cared about anyways. The heartbeat was right around 150 but it was hard for her to get it because the little stinker kept moving around! Total weight gain at 18 weeks is 7 lbs so I am right on track, the nurse actually said I might need to gain a little more, but that as long as I was eating (and Jeremy assured her I was eating us out of house and home, haha) that everything was ok.

We are anxiously awaiting our next ultrasound, which is scheduled for Monday, April 12. This is THE DAY where we (hopefully) find out the sex of Baby Baggs! I can hardly stand it, it seems to me like each day is a week! I know looking back it will seem like time has flown but right now I just want to know. I catch myself daydreaming several times a day and trying to decide what I think it is and what it will be like when the ultrasound utters those words "It's a...." I know I will cry when I find out, either way, girl or boy! It will feel even more real once we know. We both just feel so blessed and honored that God has chosen us to be the parents of this little one!

On a closing note, I owe some belly shots. I am a little behind, I still haven't taken my 18 week picture this week! Better do that soon! I just realized that 17 weeks hasn't made it onto the computer yet so that will also have to be in the next post.
I realize these pictures aren't great, can you tell Jeremy is already tired of taking my picture once a week? We have only been doing them since week 8...he is going to be really tired of this by week 40, huh?



No comments: