Sunday, January 9, 2011

OH how HE loves us...

Having a child has opened my eyes to a whole new level of the way that God loves us. I am constantly amazed at how my heart overflows with love anew each morning for this little one no matter how rough our night was. I have really started to even cherish some of those sleepless 2 am cries because I know that sometimes she just wants her mommy to hold her and how often in the future is that going to happen.

Last night was definitely one of those nights that she just wanted to be cuddled. It started about 11 and Jeremy took her and got her back to sleep and got back in bed. 30 minutes later she was up again for our usual midnight feeding, after that it was all downhill. Every time I put her down she would cry. She would be konked out in my arms and the second I laid her down she would start fussing. This happened just 2 weeks ago, for 5 nights in a row. I was so frustrated with her at night for those 5 days but instead of being frustrated last night I just soaked up the moment of this sweet little face with that adorable smile and oh-so-kissable cheeks resting on my shoulder. And that is when the realization of it all hit me. Doesn't God want this from us? Want us just to rest in Him? In only Him? Does He not cherish the times that we long to be held in His arms so much that sometimes He allows us circumstances so that we would do only that? Wow! What a love! Sometimes when feeding or rocking Campbell I will read or play on my phone and I find that those are sometimes when she is more difficult to deal with. Maybe because she wants all of my attention. Doesn't God?

Even with gifts, I have seen how God loves to lavish us with good things. {Matt. 7:11} Yesterday we bought Campbell a jumperoo activity center. I have been debating over this purchase for several weeks, hoping to hold out for the consignment sale but just this past week she has seemed bored with her playmat and bouncer because she wants to sit, stand and bounce on my lap constantly. We still had some baby shower gift cards and she got a $50 gift card to Target for Christmas from my grandmother so we took those and some of our own money and bought her the Baby Einstien Jumper Activity Center. This child was THRILLED when we put her in it yesterday! She squealed with delight the whole time she was in it and Jeremy and I were just as delighted, if not more so in watching her enjoyt it. And I thought, if we get pleasure out of giving our daughter something so simple, how much does God enjoy blessing us with things in this life. Isn't He good?




Photobucket 

No comments: